These terms and conditions are designed to protect your rights when booking a holiday with Vanora’s Cottages, and as a user of our website, and our rights as the creators of the website. Please read them carefully before booking and using the site.
Booking terms and conditions
Rental periods run from Friday to Friday unless otherwise stated.
The arrival time for all stays is from 4pm, unless otherwise agreed with the Owners.
On the day of departure the property must be vacated by 10am unless otherwise agreed with the Owners.
The property and its contents must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
Camlann can be booked for a maximum of 3 people (two adults and one infant). St Louan’s can be booked for a maximum of six people and Caliburn can be booked for a maximum of four people. Over occupancy is not permitted. In the event of over-occupancy occurring the Owners reserve the right to terminate occupancy of the property without notice and with no refund.
The hirer and their responsibilities
The person named on the booking form is considered to be the hirer and is responsible for the hiring party for the duration of the letting.
- The hirer is responsible for the care of the building and its contents for the duration of the holiday.
- Excluding fair wear and tear, any breakages, damage or staining, especially to carpets, furnishing or walls must be reported to the owner as soon as possible in order that they may be replaced, repaired or treated as necessary. The hirer will be liable for the replacement of broken items or making good any such damage.
- In the event of serious or deliberate damage to the building or contents, immediate and full recompense will be due. The Owners reserve the right to terminate occupancy of the property without notice and with no refund.
- The hirer must be over the age of 21.
- Smoking in any part of Caliburn, Camlann or St Louan’s is not permitted.
- The Owners reserve the right to refuse admittance to the property if the hirer is not considered to be able to be responsible for the hiring party, or to take charge of the property.
- The hirer will allow the Owner (with or without workmen) access to Caliburn, Camlann and St Louan’s at reasonable times and on reasonable notice (other than emergencies) for inspection purposes and to carry out any repairs or maintenance (routine maintenance and repairs will not be carried out during the booking).
- The hirer will not cause undue noise or disruption or become a nuisance to the occupants of any neighbouring properties.
- The hirer will not alter Caliburn, Camlann or St Louan’s or its contents or remove any contents from Camlann, Caliburn or St Louan’s.
- The hirer will return all sets of keys to the owner at the end of the rental period.
- The hirer will keep Caliburn, Camlann and St Louan’s secure during the booking; and comply with any specific conditions and restrictions relating to Caliburn, Camlann and St Louan’s and/or their contents contained in the property information and in any instructions held in Caliburn, Camlann and St Louan’s.
- The contract between the hirer and us is in accordance with Schedule 4 Section 8 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 and confers on the hirer the right to occupy the property for the agreed period for holiday purposes only.
- Submitting the booking form is deemed to be acceptance of these terms and conditions.
A non-refundable deposit of 25% is payable within 7 days of booking with the balance due 8 weeks prior to the start date of the booking.
For bookings made less than 8 weeks before the start of the holiday payment must be made in full within 7 days of completing the booking form.
Payments can be made by:
▪ Cheque payable to Vanoras Cottages
▪ Account transfer
Payment in full must be made prior to the start of any holiday.
Guests transferring funds from an International bank account into Vanora’s Cottages account will regrettably incur an additional charge of £7 per transaction. This is to reflect the charges made by the bank for us to receive the funds.
If a booking is cancelled before 8 weeks prior to the start date, the 25% deposit will not be refunded.
Cancellations within 8 weeks of the start date of the booking will incur the full cost of the booking. Therefore we strongly recommend holiday insurance is taken out.
Amendments to Booking
The completed booking form is the basis of the rental agreement between guests and the Owners of Caliburn, Camlann and St Louan’s. Any changes to the details submitted in the booking form must be agreed with the Owners. The Owners should also be notified of any changes to the contact details of the Hirer.
Electricity, gas and an initial supply of wood for the open fire and other items are included in the rental price. Consumption of these items is based on “reasonable use”. If it is deemed by the owners that excessive or unreasonable use is being made of these items the owners reserve the right to make charges for further supplies.
Regretfully, pets are not allowed in either Caliburn, Camlann or St Louan’s.
Injury, loss or damage
The owners do not accept responsibility if any injury, loss or damage is caused by the Hirer’s own fault.
Property becomes unavailable
If the cottage becomes unavailable or unusable for any reason prior to the date of your booking, you will be reimbursed for any monies paid.
Governing law and jurisdiction
The Owner and the Hirer agree that the booking contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland and the Owner and the Hirer agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
Site use terms and conditions
These terms and conditions are designed to protect your rights as a user of Vanora’s Cottages website, and our rights as the creators of the website. Please read them carefully before using the site.
The terms “us”, “we”, and “our” refer to the owners and creators of this website, Vanora’s Cottages. “This website” refers to Vanora’s Cottages and any derivative websites operated by us.
By using the site you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
Commercial use of any information or materials on this website is strictly prohibited without our express written permission. Please contact us to discuss commercial licencing terms.
You grant us a non-exclusive, unlimited licence in perpetuity to use any other material, information or resources you contribute to this website for any legal purposes we deem appropriate.
You agree to respect the intellectual property rights of others, and to contribute to the website only material for which you have the necessary copyright, or the explicit agreement of the copyright holder.
We reserve the right to alter, remove or otherwise process information contributed to this website without notice or explanation.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to us are acknowledged on this website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
If you see anything posted on the Site which you believe to be in breach of these Standards you may report it by submitting a site issue report. We cannot guarantee that any action will be taken as a result of your report.