Caliburn is a beautifully presented two bedroomed 19th century cottage next door to our other two cottages sleeping up to four people, making it an ideal choice for family holidays. As with all our cottages, long & short breaks are available all year round
Fully self-catering, the butcher, Co-op & convenience stores are only a few yards away and if you don’t want to cook at home, the Alyth Hotel is around the corner and one of Scotland’s best country house hotels, the Lands of Loyal is a short walk away.
The double storey cottage is a perfect family retreat. Set back from the main thoroughfare of Alyth up a short ‘vennel’ it forms part of a string cottages built from the lovely local Old Red Sandstone which date back to the 18th century. Many of of the cottages housed workers from the town’s two textile mills. It is quiet, snug and finished to a very high standard.
Caliburn is very comfortable and extremely well equipped. Facilities include:
- Two en-suite bedrooms upstairs, one with a double bed and one with two single beds with room to unpack and hang your clothes
- All necessary linens and towels
- Fully fitted kitchen/dining area with all you need to prepare and serve your own home cooked meals
- A cosy living room with comfortable sofa and chairs around a wood burning stove
- Central heating with combi boiler
- Free wireless internet access
- HD freeview TV
- Private garden at the front
- Public transport accessible
- Cot and highchair can be provided
There is no parking immediately outside the cottage, which is a very short walk away from the town centre where there is plenty of free parking.
Regretfully, pets are not allowed in Caliburn.
Caliburn is also suitable for those who are less mobile. Please talk us about this if you need to and we will explain what we can do to support you by supplying simple items of adaptive equipment for the Shower room and WC.
Parking is available on Commercial Street, a short walk from Caliburn. If you need help with your luggage, please talk to us.
Storage of bikes
We have plenty of safe storage for your bikes, both in an outhouse in Leighton’s Square and up at our main home. Please talk to us if you need this.
Buses are available in the Town Square, travelling regularly to Blairgowrie and other local destinations and Perth and Dundee where you can catch a train south to Edinburgh or Glasgow and north to Aberdeen and Inverness.