St Louan’s is the larger of our two properties and short breaks are available all year round. A beautifully presented three bedroomed 19th century cottage next door to Camlann sleeping up to six people, making it an ideal choice for family holidays.
Fully self-catering, the butcher, baker and convenience store are only a few yards away and if you don’t want to cook at home, the Alyth Hotel is around the corner and one of Scotland’s best country house hotels, the Lands of Loyal is five minutes drive away. Both serve great food.
The double storey cottage is a perfect family retreat. Set back from the main thoroughfare of Alyth up a short ‘vennel‘ it forms part of a string cottages built from the lovely red local sandstone which date back to the 18th century. Many of of the cottages housed workers from the town’s two textile mills. It is quiet, snug and finished to a very high standard.
St Louan’s has just been extensively renovated, is very comfortable and extremely well equipped. Facilities include:
- Large ensuite downstairs bedroom with king-sized bed and plenty of room to unpack and hang your clothes
- Double bedroom and twin bedroom upstairs, also ensuite with plenty of room to unpack and hang your clothes
- Fully fitted kitchen/dining area with all you need to prepare and serve your own home cooked meals
- A very cosy living room with a comfortable sofa and plenty of chairs around a Charnwood wood burning stove
- Central heating with combi boiler
- Washing machine
- Separate tumble dryer
- Free wireless internet access
- HD freeview TV
- Private patio garden at the front
- Shared garden at the front
- Public transport accessible
- Cot and highchair can be provided
Regretfully, pets are not allowed in St Louan’s.
St Louan’s is also suitable for this who are less mobile.Please talk us about this if you need to and we will explain what we can do to support you by supplying simple items of adaptive equipment for the Shower room and WC.
Parking is available on Commercial Street, a short walk from Camlann. If you need help with your luggage, please talk to us.
Storage of bikes
We have plenty of safe storage for your bikes, both in an outhouse in Leighton’s Square and up at our main home. Please talk to us if you need this.
Buses are available in the Town Square, travelling regularly to Blairgowrie and other local destinations and Perth and Dundee where you can catch a train south to Edinburgh or Glasgow and north to Aberdeen and Inverness.
Check prices & availability for St Louan’s