We welcome less able visitors and can offer the loan of a 2” raised toilet seat, free standing toilet rails, shower bench, suction grab rail for the shower, bed rail, commode and chair raising unit if required.
Access to Caliburn from the street is via a short unmade lane. The surface is uneven. It is possible for less able people to be dropped off and picked up by a small car by prior arrangement with the proprietors.
There is a flight of spiral stairs to the first floor with a rope banister.
The flooring consists of ribbed matting in the porch, carpet on the stairs and landing and in the bedrooms, laminate flooring in living area and in the kitchen.
There is one rug that can be lifted if necessary.
The door widths are as follows:
- Front door – 70cm (27”)
- lounge door – 76cm (30”)
- bedroom 1 door – 80cm (31”)
- Bathroom door – 64cm (25”)
- bedroom 2 door – 80cm (31”).
- Bathroom door – 69cm (27”)
- There is a double door leading out to the garden at the back of the cottage, which is 106cm (42”) wide.
- There is a 14cm (5 ½”) high step from the front door down into the hall and an 11cm (4 ½”) step up from the dining area to the double doors into the garden.
The kitchen has standard height worktops. The chairs at the table do not have arms.
The doors to the en-suite bathrooms open in, but there is ample space for the use of a walking frame, elbow crutches or sticks, but not a wheelchair.
The shower tray has a 4cm lip. The ability to step over it is required. The showers are off the boiler and are thermostatically controlled.